Saturday, December 19, 2009

hustle & bustle...


Kev turned to me the other night and asked "Are you feeling Christmas this year...'cause I'm sure not." I had to admit, I'm not. I'm dreading the holiday deadlines, craziness, the scramble to find something meaningful for the people I care so much for. It's all so far removed from the simplicity of Christmas. I know it's cliche, but the true meaning of Christmas is so easy to lose in all the hustle and bustle. It's so easy to give presents, but the real gift is to give of ourselves.

That being said, I am looking forward to enjoying this season with my family and friends, and I am trying to be so, so very thankful for the gifts that I receive every hour of every day. We are SO blessed, and this is a perfect time to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment