Friday, February 5, 2010

love this home.


I found these photos of a home in Brussels, Belgium that I LOVE on a design blog today. The whole house is done in shades of off-white, with touches of buttery yellow and sea-foam green. The owners have an amazing assortment of antique furniture like this hutch and farm table in the kitchen...


The kitchen is my favorite room...the owners used old library shelving, complete with ladder, to house their beautiful stoneware and dishes (hate to think how dusty those dishes get, though...)

The library is beautiful as well, looks like the same shelving. I just LOVE the sparsely treated wood on the ceilings and floor and the airy french doors. I'm imagining that they open to a lovely garden that smells like lavender...


The entryway is a bit more formal, but still feels very welcoming to me thanks to that lovely, warm, yellow color...


And lastly, the bathroom, which has a little green in it...I love green, especially when it's understated like this.


I'll have to incorporate some of this design style into my own home, It feels old and homey, but fresh at the same time. I could live in this house. But it's not too kid friendly, I would imagine...


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, what a beautiful soothing home. It reminds me of the Martha Stewert pictures I fell in love with years ago, which got me started on my obsession with decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the soft white shades. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete