Wednesday, February 10, 2010

make you own...


With three sons, I've been going through baby wipes like there's no tomorrow, and they're not cheap. Lately, several of my friends have been making their own (and raving about how great they are), so I thought I'd find a recipe and try them out soon. I need to run to the natural food store to get some of the ingredients (I think I might try some organic baby wash and essential oil in mine...either lavender or tea tree oil). And here's a link to a tutorial on how to make the lovely wipe case cover shown above...to put your homemade wipes in...


I also ran across this recipe for home-made deodorant on a great little blog I just discovered. I've (unsuccessfully) tried several all-natural deodorants before because I've heard the aluminum that is in EVERY anti-perspirant is not good for you. So I think I will whip this up and see if it works. It's made with coconut oil, so it has to smell pretty good...

1 comment:

  1. I've been using the wipes recipe successfully!!!! It's really helped Ella's bottom!
    The recipe Andrea gave me is the same ingredients, but instead of the tedious folding of the papertowels, she suggested just cutting the roll in half, removing the paperboard inner, then putting in a tupperware-type container.
    Just start the roll from the middle (like you would bleach wipes) and you're good to go.
    I think this would be a bit faster.)
    The one draw back is you need two hands to pull the wipes apart, as opposed to the wipe container doing most of the work for you.
    Good luck!
    PS... I think I might try the whole natural deodorant thing...

    ReplyDelete